multiple stopwatches

All discussions here

multiple stopwatches

Unread postby billy » Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:57 pm

in 1.50 multible stoppwatch is suppurted, but it isn`t possible to save/open two different formats (colors, fonts). i want to run two stopwatchen in different colors and with special time-format, so i have to cofigurate the second stoppwatch by every restart.
billy

Re: multible stoppwatch

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 am

You must use Exit. Close eliminates a single copy and its settings of course. Once you launch a new copy it obtains default settings.
Another piece of explanation (at bottom)
I don't claim this is a perfect solution so I'm open for suggestions.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby billy » Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:58 pm

sorry but it doesn`t work. the first stopwatch open with the configuration i´d like, but when i open a second stopwatch it will be start with the coniguration after install (presetting). i also try to safe a file (more=>File=>save) with different configuration, but only one configuration will be remember and when i start the second stopwatch then it will be open with the presetting. so it`s not a big problem, but maybe ther is a way to save a file with the individual setting.
billy

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:41 pm

billy wrote:sorry but it doesn`t work. the first stopwatch open with the configuration i´d like, but when i open a second stopwatch it will be start with the coniguration after install (presetting).

Yes. Configure it and Exit both copies, do not Close one by one.

billy wrote:i also try to safe a file (more=>File=>save) with different configuration, but only one configuration will be remember and when i start the second stopwatch then it will be open with the presetting.

More… => File => Save is intended to save a timing session, not a configuration (colors, font, etc.)

billy wrote:so it`s not a big problem, but maybe ther is a way to save a file with the individual setting.

There is this way too. Command line option xnsw.exe [/c=<config file>]
Although you should work in standard way: launch application/copy, customize it, launch another copy, customize it, Exit. Once you launch the application again all these copies will be brought back.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby billy » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:53 pm

thank a lot, now i know what you mean, it works :D
billy

Return to Main forum