start / stop on different com ports (or line)

All discussions here

start / stop on different com ports (or line)

Unread postby xaxis » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:13 am

Hello!

First of all, I love the stopwatch software!

Is it possible for the software to separate the start and stop external controls?
So that START is on COM2 (or line 4/6) and the STOP is on COM3 (or line 7/8).

I actually need this because when the first one goes through the START-gate, I don't want it to STOP the timer when the second and third go through the same gate.
Only when they pass the actual finish should the timer stop.

Is this, or can this be made, possible?

Thanks in advance!
xaxis
 

Re: start / stop on different com ports (or line)

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:12 pm

xaxis wrote:Is it possible for the software to separate the start and stop external controls?

No so far.

xaxis wrote:I actually need this because when the first one goes through the START-gate, I don't want it to STOP the timer when the second and third go through the same gate.
Only when they pass the actual finish should the timer stop.

So it seems sufficient to block the external Start/Stop once it's triggered, then stop manually, right?
Stopwatch
Site Admin
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: start / stop on different com ports (or line)

Unread postby xaxis » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:05 am

Stopwatch wrote:
xaxis wrote:I actually need this because when the first one goes through the START-gate, I don't want it to STOP the timer when the second and third go through the same gate.
Only when they pass the actual finish should the timer stop.

So it seems sufficient to block the external Start/Stop once it's triggered, then stop manually, right?


No because the finish gate is a photoelectric pass-through also, so it can't be stopped manually.
There's no way to split the start - / - stop ports or seperate the lines they react to?
xaxis
 

Re: start / stop on different com ports (or line)

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:03 am

xaxis wrote:No because the finish gate is a photoelectric pass-through also, so it can't be stopped manually.

As far as I understand there are several participants. So which one stops the stopwatch?

xaxis wrote:There's no way to split the start - / - stop ports or seperate the lines they react to?

Currently no. It has to be updated.
Stopwatch
Site Admin
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:25 pm


Return to Main forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 10 guests