Bug - location of config files

All discussions here

Bug - location of config files

Unread postby pbowers » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:45 am

Somewhere in the docs* I read that if you include the /c=foo.ini or /c=.\foo.ini in the command line without specifying an absolute path then that config file is created in the CURRENT directory.

Doing this from the windows terminal (thus I am very confident of my current directory) it creates this file in c:\users\<username>\AppData\Roaming

This is really a non-standard location for this to be created. (I note that after extensive searching I finally found the .Stopwatch.ini default config file that is used when you don't specify anything via /c switch - I found it here in this directory as well.)

The .Stopwatch.ini default config file should be in a folder in this directory named XNoteStopwatch or Stopwatch or something like that.

And if I specify /c=foo.ini or especially /c=.\foo.ini it should DEFINITELY go in the current directory rather than over in AppData/Roaming.

* on the page http://www.xnotestopwatch.com/help/command_line.htm it says "Unless you specify full path to these files the current directory is used."
pbowers

Re: Bug - location of config files

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:19 am

Sorry for that. It was a bug that was fixed recently. Please redownload.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum