Feature request - clock display

All discussions here

Feature request - clock display

Unread postby bd11 » Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 am

It would be nice to have a clock display to show time and (optionally) date with the same look and feel as the stopwatches and timers.
I know there are lots of other clock programs but XNote has a a very clear and flexible display (resizable, transparent, stay-on-top etc) and if XNote had a clock it would cover all my timing needs in one package.

Although I'm mainly interested in a simple clock display I imagine that Snap/Results Window could be used in the same way as the stopwatch for logging times, which would be useful for tracking work for invoicing. A time offset function might be useful too, so you could have clocks showing different time zones
bd11

Re: Feature request - clock display

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:32 pm

Try this build.
xnsw.zip
XNote with clock functionality
(148.65 KiB) Downloaded 3077 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby bd11 » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:20 pm

Thanks, it looks great. You work quickly!

There is a display issue:
* There are 3 square blocks showing after the time if I use the default "Liquid Crystal" font. It shows "AM/PM" correctly if I switch to an installed font.

Some suggestions:
* A 24-hour clock option would be nice. You wouldn't need to show AM/PM then.
* It would be great to have options for the Time Format, for example to hide the seconds field and to also show the date (numeric format is fine) with options to show year/month/day in various formats.
bd11

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:12 am

bd11 wrote:There is a display issue:
* There are 3 square blocks showing after the time if I use the default "Liquid Crystal" font. It shows "AM/PM" correctly if I switch to an installed font.

Yes, default font has no letters outlines because there was no need for letters. I will update the font along with graphics - not soon.

bd11 wrote:Some suggestions:
* A 24-hour clock option would be nice. You wouldn't need to show AM/PM then.
* It would be great to have options for the Time Format, for example to hide the seconds field and to also show the date (numeric format is fine) with options to show year/month/day in various formats.

Time is formatted according to user's Regional Settings. I thought it's the most adequate way, isn't it? Is a date so important? I think you always know current date. :) As for logging, the Results window contains the date of course.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Guest » Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:33 pm

I rarely know the date :-) Though I can usually tell the difference between AM/PM

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:32 am

Well. Let me leave this as is. Once anybody else suggests the format customization I will consider an implementation. For now I may hardcode the time & date display string you prefer.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: Experimental build with multiple colors and 2 windows

Unread postby friar » Wed Jan 20, 2010 1:35 am

Since it is so simple to synchronize the computer's clock with internet tme and thus having a true time of the day (undisputable)
and for the purpose of having a stopwatch running at the time of the day displaying and counting fractions of sec hundred HH:MM:ss,00
would it be possible to either have the clock showing this fashion
or the stopwatch to start at time of day that it reads for the machine.

I do manage to synchronize them manually but still as a human I fail most of the time and have to attempt it a few times to get it "almost" right

Thanks again for your attention and your trouble
friar

Re: Experimental build with multiple colors and 2 windows

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:40 am

friar wrote:would it be possible to either have the clock showing this fashion

Try this build.

xnsw.zip
Clock with milliseconds
(163.16 KiB) Downloaded 2158 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby friar » Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Perfect
Gorgeous

Next, could it syncronize with another clock in count down mode to start at specific time so they run parallel ????

one is clock the other starts down and restarts please?????
friar

Unread postby friar » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:19 am

Played a bit with the clock, it is so nice that I had to and so I did just register it
A well spent 20 euros

Well done Dmitry
keep up the good work

Thanks a lot for this nice clock-stopwatch
Next I have to connect a photocell
More reading.......
friar

Return to Main forum