blinking

All discussions here

Re: avoid blinking timer

Unread postby rossini » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:23 am

Stopwatch wrote:Ok, I will add an option.

Hi,

any update on this issue already? I would be very happy to be able to have a solid solution for my boss. He's a bit suspicious now... :-)

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers,
Oliver
rossini

Re: blinking

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Redownload the main release.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: blinking ... Now Stay on Top

Unread postby rossini » Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:32 am

Stopwatch wrote:Redownload the main release.

Did so, and now there is a switch to turn on/off the "flash" feature.

But before testing the functionality of this new feature, I discovered that there is now a "broken" old feature:

"Stay on Top" is not working properly anymore.
I have written a HTA software which does two things... first, to offer a button to start every presentation of my boss, second, to offer a button to start the XNote Stopwatch software using a pre-defined number of minutes beforehand.

With the "old" version 1.60, my boss could click a button in that software to start your software with - for exampe - 15 minutes and the software started its countdown automatically. Then, he clicked a second button to start the presentation full-screen. The XNote Stopwatch software stayed on-top of both the presentation and my "button" software.

With the new v1.60, the XNote Stopwatch software looses its stay-on-top functionality on the first click into another window, even if the "Stay-on-Top" feature is selected in its menu. Therefore, when my boss hits the button for his - for example - 15 minutes, the countdown starts. As soon as he hits the second button to start his powerpoint presentation, the countdown timer "disappears". Then the presentation starts, but the countdown seems to be lost. The countdown timer task is still running in the background which can be seen in the task manager. The task manager can also be used to bring it to the foreground.

I first suspected my software to do something weird, but this loss of functionality can even be seen with any other full screen window.

I uninstalled the "new" v1.60, installed the originial v1.60 (without the "flash" switch), and everything worked as intended.

So, I stopped using the new v1.60...

Could you please fix that "Stay on Top" error?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver
rossini

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 am

rossini wrote:"Stay on Top" is not working properly anymore.

It's already known issue arisen after implementing of save/load Always on top state. You could re-enable the mark so far.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby rossini » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:34 am

Stopwatch wrote:
rossini wrote:"Stay on Top" is not working properly anymore.

It's already known issue arisen after implementing of save/load Always on top state. You could re-enable the mark so far.

Not sure... could you please be more specific?

I saved 99 different xnsw files (1-99 minutes) using the "old" v1.60 version. These are working perfectly with that software version.

When I install the newer v1.60 version, what should I do to make those xnsw files work including the "Stay-on-Top" feature with the "new" version of your software? I am loading these using "<path>\xnsw.exe start <path>\<number 01-99>.xnsw". Is it an option to load an ini file together with that session file? And which configuration needs to be done inside that ini file? Or do I need to re-save those 99 xnsw files?

Thank you in advance,

Oliver
rossini

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:07 pm

rossini wrote:Not sure... could you please be more specific?

Unset Always on top of launched stopwatch then set it again.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby rossini » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:00 am

Stopwatch wrote:
rossini wrote:Not sure... could you please be more specific?

Unset Always on top of launched stopwatch then set it again.

Well, that works, but it needs to be done every single time that the counter is used.

When using the actual version 1.60 of the software, the countdown timer is NOT visible when - in my software - a button is clicked.

You have to start the task manager to bring the Xnote Stopwatch task to the foreground, unset the Stay-onTop option, set it again, the close the task manager, then start the presentation. Closing the presentation closes the timer.
But the software looses its memory when it comes to "Stay-on-top"... next presentation, next Waterloo.

Switching back to the original v1.60 brings perfect "Stay-on-Top" results back again...

I would be happy if you could please fix this behaviour.

Thank you in advance,

Oliver
rossini

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:06 pm

rossini wrote:I would be happy if you could please fix this behaviour.

I have fixed and reloaded.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: blinking

Unread postby rossini » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:27 am

Brilliant... works like a charm. And when "Flashing" is disabled, the Cordless Presenter keeps working, too.

Thank you for taking care.

Oliver
rossini

Previous

Return to Main forum