Windows 7

All discussions here

Windows 7

Unread postby pkurtross » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:03 pm

I think we need a patch for X-Note Stopwatch to operate correctly in Windows 7. Every time I close down I lose my format and settings. Kind of a pain to set up every time and this did not happen when I was on a Windows XP platform. Am I missing something?
pkurtross

Re: Windows 7

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:22 pm

Please specify: even a single launched and closed instance loses its settings?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby pkurtross » Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm

When I exit and reopen it appears to keep the formatted version of the stopwatch, but when I open another stopwatch it reverts to the default instead of replicating the revised format - this is different under XP (I would prefer not to have to go through the hassle of having to replicate the format every time I open a new stopwatch - I often have several open at once). I am not sure if the formatted version of the stopwatch is retained if I restart the computer - I believe it reverts to the default format, which is different and less desirable than under XP.....
pkurtross

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Feb 14, 2010 4:43 pm

pkurtross wrote:When I exit and reopen it appears to keep the formatted version of the stopwatch, but when I open another stopwatch it reverts to the default instead of replicating the revised format - this is different under XP

It is not due to XP. Any new instance is being assigned with default settings. Also you must Exit to retain modified ones.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby pkurtross1 » Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:50 pm

Creator wrote:It is not due to XP. Any new instance is being assigned with default settings. Also you must Exit to retain modified ones.

My point is that under XP, ANY new instances opened with the modified format - this was preferable. Now, in Windows 7, every time you open an instance it reverts to the default settings - this not preferable. Basically, in Windows 7 there is no longer any way to establish a modified format as the default. Under XP it used the modified format of the most recent instance as the default, which was great - you didn't have to keep revising the format of any new instances....
pkurtross1

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:35 am

It seems you confuse it with version 1.40. Anyway multiple instances subsystem will be redesigned soon.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum