Oh shit - accident reset

All discussions here

Oh shit - accident reset

Unread postby Dan moody » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:51 am

Hi! I was doing some timing yesterday and accidentally clicked reset instead of snap. The long and short of it is I've lost vital data :(

Is there anyway to retrieve this?
Could the reset button have a are you sure dialogue warning or be repositioned well away from the snap button?
Can the system be set to autosave data on each click of snap?

Dan
Dan moody

Re: Oh shit - accident reset

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:46 am

Dan moody wrote:Hi! I was doing some timing yesterday and accidentally clicked reset instead of snap. The long and short of it is I've lost vital data :(

Is there anyway to retrieve this?

No. :( You might use Save/Load.

Dan moody wrote:Could the reset button have a are you sure dialogue warning or be repositioned well away from the snap button?

Use Hotkeys. By not assigning hotkey for Reset you will prevent accident reset.

Dan moody wrote:Can the system be set to autosave data on each click of snap?

Currently no. Use Excel integration. Excel allows autosave/crash recovering. By the way, Reset doesn't clear results too.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: Oh shucks - accident reset

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:02 am

Actually when I hit reset it DOES clear all data from the view results window. This is not what I would prefer. If I have failed to save it and hit reset by accident I would lose important data.

I understand one solution may be to always use excel integration to avoid the issue of losing the results window. But that means I need to have yet another program open.

I don't have a hotkey set, I am worried about clicking on the reset button itself by accident or even simply closing the window -- a confirmation dialog "did you mean to close this program" would be a good addition -- since if I mean to close it I use "more >> exit" instead.

While I use a hot key, I may need at times to use the snap with a mouse click and if I accidentally click on reset rather than snap I just might swear.
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 am

Here is the build with confirmation boxes for Reset and Close. Test its usability before I will include in the main release.
Attachments
xnsw.zip
(173.15 KiB) Downloaded 2080 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby markcart » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:06 pm

The reset/close warnings are a great addition. Thank you! If you keep this feature for release, may I suggest having the "NO" button as the default chosen instead of the "YES" button. Thanks again.
markcart

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:45 pm

What if Undo instead of confirmation box?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: accident reset

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:44 am

Tried the version with confirmation. Worked great! It might be best to make the default choice no, but this at least stops an accidental deletion.
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:46 am

don't forget to update the copyright date when/if you release

I show 2009 copyright still -- any reason I can't swap this in for my "real" copy at this point since I highly prefer it?
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:35 am

MichiganCrossCountry.com wrote:don't forget to update the copyright date when/if you release

Release 1.61 has already.

MichiganCrossCountry.com wrote:I show 2009 copyright still -- any reason I can't swap this in for my "real" copy at this point since I highly prefer it?

Copyright is a copy right, not an use right. :)
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby MichiganCrossCountry.com » Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:57 am

Not aware of the update -- grabbed it now.

I am fully aware of what copyrights are and mean :-) and I see you advanced to 2010 in the 1.61 release.
MichiganCrossCountry.com

Next

Return to Main forum