Suggestions - Pomodoro Technique

All discussions here

Suggestions - Pomodoro Technique

Unread postby mchean » Tue May 11, 2010 11:26 pm

This is a great piece of software, that I found thru your entry on the Google Pomodoro timer group. I also do crossfit -which makes use of a number of timers that this could be used for. So some suggestions:
1. Android / iPhone version.
2. Intervals as many as you can do.
3. Pre-timer countdown. For instance giving 10 second countdown and then a timer starts.

Every crossfit gym makes use of a timer of some sort and this might be an attractive program for them. You can read more at crossfit.com
mchean

Re: Suggestions

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu May 13, 2010 4:23 pm

mchean wrote:This is a great piece of software, that I found thru your entry on the Google Pomodoro timer group. I also do crossfit -which makes use of a number of timers that this could be used for. So some suggestions:
1. Android / iPhone version.

Windows Mobile for the first.

mchean wrote:2. Intervals as many as you can do.

I do not understand.

mchean wrote:3. Pre-timer countdown. For instance giving 10 second countdown and then a timer starts.

You might use pair of timers: the first after 10 sec launches the second.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Re: Suggestions - intervals

Unread postby mchean » Wed May 19, 2010 4:55 pm

Let's take the Pomodoro timer as an example. You have a 25 minute countdown to do a task, and then you take a 3 to 5 min. break before the next 25 min. session. You are supposed to do this for 4 cycles and on the 4th cycle take a longer break. So your timer would be set up to do the following 25min-5min-25min-5min-25min-5min-25min-5(actually longer) countdowns.
Or say you are doing a Tabata workout. In this workout you do 20 seconds worth of excercise and then a 10 second rest period for 8 cycles (a total of 4 minutes). In this case you're doing 20-10-20-10 etc for 8 cycles.
Is that clearer?
mchean

Re: Suggestions

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu May 20, 2010 12:19 pm

Run #start.bat
Assuming XNote was installed under C:\Program Files\XNote Stopwatch\
Attachments
Pomodoro.zip
(1.52 KiB) Downloaded 1701 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum