Countdown

All discussions here

Countdown

Unread postby Wouter » Thu May 13, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello,

first of all, my compliments for this nice software. It's really good to use and looks great. However, I encounter a problem:

I like to use the countdown timer to start the stopwatch. In my opinion, the countdown timer should give a signal AT THE EXACT moment it reaches 0. Not a full second later. Also during starting of the countdown, the first value drops immediatly after start. For example, if we countdown from 3 to zero, the timer falls to 2 at startpuls, then takes only 2 seconds to reach zero and then waits a second to give the signal (beep, or other function).

So, it DOES take 3 seconds after start to give a signal, but this is not suitable to countdown for a startsignal for a runner to start his time. (He should start at zero on the display, together with an acoustic signal)

Would it be possible to do something about this?

Also: How do I have the countdown timer starting the stopwatch? I would like to build the following:
- Countdown from 3 to zero > give an external signal AT reaching zero AND start the stopwatch and bring this one on top. (external signal for Startsignal)
- Countdown may be started from keyboard, because I like to use the external controls for snap and stop with the stopwach. (I'm not sure the external controls will work with both applications together)

If this works, the software would fit my needs and I would be interested in buying for a customer.

Also I'm not able to have any snapped values integrated in Excell. I read on the forum this should be possible with the trial version as well. Or will this be fixed when my copy is registered?

Tnx in advance.
Wouter

Re: Countdown

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu May 13, 2010 5:18 pm

Wouter wrote:I like to use the countdown timer to start the stopwatch. In my opinion, the countdown timer should give a signal AT THE EXACT moment it reaches 0. Not a full second later.

Check Start in Stopwatch mode Countdown options.

Wouter wrote:Also during starting of the countdown, the first value drops immediatly after start. For example, if we countdown from 3 to zero, the timer falls to 2 at startpuls, then takes only 2 seconds to reach zero and then waits a second to give the signal (beep, or other function).

So, it DOES take 3 seconds after start to give a signal, but this is not suitable to countdown for a startsignal for a runner to start his time. (He should start at zero on the display, together with an acoustic signal)

Round up at Time format

Wouter wrote:Also I'm not able to have any snapped values integrated in Excell. I read on the forum this should be possible with the trial version as well. Or will this be fixed when my copy is registered?

No. Trial version should work.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum