Clock Mode to 3 digits

All discussions here

Clock Mode to 3 digits

Unread postby mowerman53 » Thu May 13, 2010 9:20 pm

I would like to try running my timing system by using the clock mode as this way I could provide a bit more information to the organisers and to the riders as to when they started their timed section and when they finished it. Having experimented I can see that i can have two clocks running (synchronised with the pc clock) and take a split time at the start of a riders test and again at the completion of that test.

I can get this to output into excel and when deducting snap one from snap two I can get an elapsed time and format this to hh:mm:ss.000 i.e. thousandths and it will give me the result i want, however the view of each of the clocks only runs to a format of hh:mm:ss when running, can this be changed anywhere in the software or is this a limitation of the PC clock itself?

Ultimatly the result i want is available but i'm not sure that riders and organisers would be confident of the output reults unless the clock was running in view to the same level of detail. (I'm aware that there are accuracy limitations but i feel that at the level of sport i am arranging this for it will be plenty good enough)
mowerman53

Re: Clock Mode to 3 digits

Unread postby mpegas » Fri May 14, 2010 5:54 am

I don't understand english very well, but you tell about time format with microseconds(hh:mm:ss.000). This is easy configurable with "Time format..." in menu.
mpegas

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri May 14, 2010 7:36 am

mpegas wrote:I don't understand english very well, but you tell about time format with microseconds(hh:mm:ss.000). This is easy configurable with "Time format..." in menu.

No, Clock mode doesn't allow format changes.

Here is it viewtopic.php?f=3&t=887#p1078
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby mowerman53 » Fri May 14, 2010 10:58 am

Stopwatch wrote:
mpegas wrote:I don't understand english very well, but you tell about time format with microseconds(hh:mm:ss.000). This is easy configurable with "Time format..." in menu.

No, Clock mode doesn't allow format changes.

Here is it viewtopic.php?f=3&t=887#p1078

Thanks once again you have solved the problem

The other build in the forum topic is exactly what is required.

So now i can just delete the other downloaded version, install the new build and re-add my registered user details to this different version....is that correct?
mowerman53

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri May 14, 2010 12:53 pm

mowerman53 wrote:So now i can just delete the other downloaded version, install the new build and re-add my registered user details to this different version....is that correct?

What's "other"?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby mowerman53 » Fri May 14, 2010 8:42 pm

I have downloaded the zip file, run the xnsw.zip which has the build with clock to hh:mm:ss.000 but when i add my licence code it tells me the build is old and won't let me run as a registered version.

For this weekend i shall have to test with the licensed copy using only split times from the synchronised stopwatch.

This is what i meant by "other" in my previous forum message. Do I have to delete the licensed version then download the build with clock in .000 and then reapply my licence number?
mowerman53

Return to Main forum