Internal Timer Alarms

All discussions here

Internal Timer Alarms

Unread postby Ross » Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:36 am

Hi,

Would it be possible to put a number of alarms within a timer period. For instance, sports events sometimes have time signals partway through the event to let officials and playerws know how much time is left. Say, up to 6 alarms?
Each alarm could be an audio clip that might give a standard instruction.

I know of a lot of sports eg wrestling, shooting, yachting ( counting down in the start sequences)
Ross

Re: Internal Timer Alarms

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 am

Try this:
xnsw.zip
Sounds on run
(149.71 KiB) Downloaded 2373 times

Take a look at Sounds on run... menu item.
Let me know how it works.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Ross » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Yes, it works as a stand alone programme, but when I try and save a "programmed" file the sounds on the menu is no longer there. That is, the alarms within the timer are not present.

But it is exactly what I was looking for!!!!
Ross

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:23 pm

Sounds are stored in xnsw*.ini files under the user's profile folder. If you need portability you should copy them and launch the application with /c key: http://www.xnotestopwatch.com/help/command_line.htm
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby rgj4919 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:17 pm

This internal timing feature is a fantastic addition. I urge you to add it to the main program on a permanent basis. This internal timing capability is the key reason I bought a full copy of XNote. It doesn't look like v1.60 has this feature.
rgj4919

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:12 pm

rgj4919 wrote:This internal timing feature is a fantastic addition. I urge you to add it to the main program on a permanent basis.

The main issue is to introduce it seamlessly. If you have ideas feel free to share them.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby Stopwatch » Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:55 pm

Merge with 1.61
Attachments
xnsw.zip
Sounds on run 1.61
(177.35 KiB) Downloaded 2382 times
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby itspenlo » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 am

This version save the "sound on run" settings correctly in config file. The only problem is that it skipped some sounds at the last seconds.
As I have programmed it to play 5 sounds at the last 10 sec (i.e. play 1 alert sound every 2 sec). not all the sound is played
itspenlo

Unread postby Stopwatch » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:05 pm

itspenlo wrote:The only problem is that it skipped some sounds at the last seconds.
As I have programmed it to play 5 sounds at the last 10 sec (i.e. play 1 alert sound every 2 sec).

It seems the last sound falls into zero. There is a Timer's sound for zero.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby itspenlo » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:30 am

hmm, not really, I have already use the Timer's sound for Zero, it works fine.
Just it seems that the "sound on run" function is not quite stable in this version. It tends to skip some sound when counting down. I did try to lower the interval / or extend the counting time, but it still skip strangely.
God.. I just want to save the configurations and play the sound at the end.

Is there a newer version that have "sound on run" function? by then I can take a shoot. :)
Actually I begins to use XNSW since 1.5, the sound function is good, just it cannot "reload" the sound schedule using configuration files. but 1.61, it can save the schedule but does not play correctly.
itspenlo

Next

Return to Main forum