X-keys not working

All discussions here

X-keys not working

Unread postby nzharrier » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:50 am

Hi
I have just added the XKeys controller to my xnote stopwatch and I'm having a problem.
If the stop watch window is on top (i.e. is visible on my laptop) the xkeys controller does not work. If I minimise the stopwatch, the controller works!
If the stopwatch is visible I can use the laptop to operate the hotkeys (ctrl+shft+alt+F6 is set as the snap switch and it works)
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Mark
nzharrier

Re: X-keys not working

Unread postby Stopwatch » Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:36 pm

So, the hotkeys itself are fully functional regardless of the stopwatch is visible or not, right?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby nzharrier » Sat Aug 25, 2018 12:16 am

Yes, hotkeys are working.
Did some more experimenting last night. The x-keys work when the clock is in compact mode, or even if the clock is reduced in size(but still on 'top') but not if the clock is full screen or at it's default opening size.
Thanks
Mark

(I've also experienced issues on longer events where the stopwatch seems to 'forget' the hotkeys and I have to re-set them)
nzharrier

Unread postby Stopwatch » Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:21 am

nzharrier wrote:Yes, hotkeys are working.

So the problem looks to be on the X-keys side.
Anyway try to play with Prevent keypresses from reaching applications option also.

nzharrier wrote:(I've also experienced issues on longer events where the stopwatch seems to 'forget' the hotkeys and I have to re-set them)

It's quite impossible. Never heard of that. Please describe steps to reproduce if possible.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby nzharrier » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:38 am

re the stopwatch forgetting the hotkeys
This has happened numerous times.
I'm using the stopwatch for recording finish line placings in running events.
The stopwatch will be working exactly as expected with snap results appearing in my excel spreadsheet exactly as they should, then unexpectedly the snap simply doesn't work. (I'm using hotkeys for the snap). If I go back in to hotkeys and select the hotkey again, the next time I snap a finisher it's working again.
I initially thought it may have been caused by data entry in the spreadsheet between snaps (The runners race numbers are recorded at the finish line and then entered into the spreadsheet as time permits), but I've also had it happen when no data entry has occurred.
Thanks
Mark
nzharrier

Unread postby Stopwatch » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:02 pm

nzharrier wrote:If I go back in to hotkeys and select the hotkey again,

What is in a place of the hotkey after it stopped working?
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Unread postby nzharrier » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:50 am

You mean in the hotkey set screen? It still shows the hotkeys as previously selected. I just place the cursor in the appropriate places and select them again and voila! the hotkeys are working again. Of course I've normally missed a couple of finishers by then :(
nzharrier

Unread postby Stopwatch » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:14 pm

May be, another program interfers? Try other enviroment. You are the first one ever reporting this bizarre issue.
Stopwatch
Site Admin

Return to Main forum